Update for Benefits Affected by New Upgrades
Updated November 8, 2013, 4:30 p.m.
The EDD is working to complete the transition to a new upgraded payment processing system as quickly as possible. We are supplying continual updates on our progress and are providing recommendations to our claimants, including how they can help us expedite this effort with the submission of their certifications for continuing benefits. For more information and updates on the new payment processing system and how it may affect you, visit the New Upgrades for the UI System page.
- Unemployment Insurance Information
- Unemployment Eligibility
- Information You Need to Apply for UI
- More Help for the Unemployed
- Improper UI Payments
- Disability Insurance Information
- Disability Eligibility
- File for a Disability Claim
- Job Seekers
- Getting Started/Seminars
- Reporting Requirements
- e-Services for Business
- File and Pay Taxes
- Tax Practitioners
- Improper UI Payments
- Joint Enforcement Strike Force (JESF)
- Employer's Guides
- Workforce Partners
- Quick Links
Tip of the Week
EDD Online Services
The EDD has automated some key services to provide our customers with more online options:
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) customers can apply for UI benefits with eApply4UI and certify for UI with EDD Web-CertSM.
- Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave customers can apply for and manage their claims with SDI Online.
- Employers: Employers can use e-Services for Business to manage their payroll tax accounts, including making tax payments. CalJOBSSM allows employers to post job openings and search for qualified candidates. Employers can also use SDI Online to submit electronic forms.
- Job Seekers: CalJOBSSM allows job seekers to search for job openings, create résumés, look for training, and more.
Check out EDD Online Services for a list of all online services organized by customer type.
News and Announcements
- The Bishop Workforce Services Office Closed Effective Wednesday, November 27, 2013
- New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions (Updated December 3, 2013)
- Attention Eligible Training Providers: Effective December 2, 2013, all new and existing eligible training providers must self-register in CalJOBSSM (Updated December 2, 2013)
- Phishing Scam Alert: Request to File for Unemployment Benefits
- California’s nonfarm payroll jobs increase by 39,800 in October; Unemployment rate decreases to 8.7 percent in September, unchanged in October
- More than 222,000 Californians face loss of federal unemployment extension benefits at the end of the year; Impacted individuals are advised on additional resources
- 2014 CEAC Veterans Employer of the Year Awards Information
- Important Update: New Upgrades for the Unemployment Insurance System (Updated November 8, 2013)
- Results on EDD efforts to clear Unemployment Insurance processing and payment backlog
- Federal sequestration to end for new unemployment extensions beginning September 29
- Unemployment Insurance customer service center hours being cut; Serious federal underfunding leads to reductions in service hours
- How to avoid common mistakes that can lead to improper payments and penalties in the Unemployment Insurance Program. Learn more about the eligibility and reporting requirements of the UI Program to avoid penalties as a claimant and additional costs as an employer.