Benefits of Working for EDD
Our employees work hard and they deserve to be rewarded. As a State agency, we are committed to rewarding our employees with more than a paycheck. In addition to competitive wages, our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that is designed to meet the needs of today’s workforce.
Health and Well-Being
- Dental Insurance: Employees and their eligible dependents can choose the dental plan right for them. The State may pay up to 100 percent of the premiums depending on the plan selected.
- Employee Assistance Program: Confidential consultation, assessment, and referrals are available, as well as support groups, wellness programs, and noontime meetings and seminars.
- Health Insurance: Choose from a variety of health benefit plans for you and your family. The State may pay up to 100 percent of the premiums depending on the plan selected.
- Vision Care Insurance: As a State employee, you are automatically enrolled into the State’s Vision Program.
Paid and Unpaid Leaves
- Bereavement Leave: As a State employee, you are allowed paid time off if a member of your immediate family dies.
- Family, Parental, and Other Leave: Up to one year unpaid leave.
- Holidays: 13 paid holidays per year, plus one personal holiday.
- Jury Duty: In general, if you are called for jury duty, you serve with no loss in pay as long as you remit to the state any fees received for jury duty.
- Military Leave: Up to 30 calendar days with pay for military leave each year if you meet specific requirements.
- Sick Leave: Earn sick leave each month to provide income protection in the event of illness or injury.
- Vacation: Enjoy paid vacation each year, based upon years of employment.
Savings and Retirement Plans
- Retirement Plans: A choice of plans to help you meet your goals. Your pension grows as your career grows with us. Visit CalPERS for more information on retirement plans.
- Savings Plus: In addition to our Retirement Plans, the State offers a 457 Deferred Compensation plan and a 401K plan for customized savings. Visit the California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) for more information on salary and benefits.
- ScholarShare Program: Tax deferred college savings for your children. Visit CalHR for more information on the ScholarShare program.
- Credit Union: Credit Union membership is open to all of our employees.
- Educational Reimbursement: Partial educational reimbursement for college classes or training that are career related and for upward mobility.
- FlexElect: Receive extra cash if you already have medical and/or dental coverage through another source.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: In some cases, alternative work arrangements such as flextime, job sharing, and alternative work schedules, can help employees balance career and family life.
- Group Legal Plan: Affordable and covers most legal situations.
- Long-Term Care: Affordable comprehensive plans available.
- Merit Salary Adjustment: Annual 5 percent increase after 12 months of satisfactory performance, as certified by your supervisor, until maximum salary is reached.
- Transfer and Advancement Opportunities: Make the most out of your career with a wide range of flexible career choices and transfer and promotional opportunities throughout California.
This Google Translate™ translation service is provided for informational purposes only as the EDD is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. View Disclaimer
- Quick Statistics
- Media Information
- Career Opportunities
- EDD Online Services
- Online Forms and Publications