Benefit Programs Online is now your single login to access the EDD’s online benefit services:
SDI Online: Apply for Disability Insurance (DI) and Paid Family Leave (PFL) benefits and manage your DI claim.
UI OnlineSM: Certify for benefits, reopen an existing claim, and manage your Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim.
- Visit the Get Email Notices page
- Select the I want to subscribe link
- Enter your email address
- Select the list(s) you want to subscribe to (You may subscribe for more than one):
- Employment and Payroll Tax Information
- Labor Market Information - LMI e-Newsletter
- State Disability Insurance Updates and Information
- Unemployment Insurance Information
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Notices and Directives
- Submit your request
- The EDD will send you a confirmation e-mail for each Department you chose. To confirm your subscription, select the link in the confirmation email.
Stay up-to-date with the EDD.
The EDD offers email subscription services to provide you with the latest news about the EDD programs and services. Subscribe today by following the steps below:
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits – shown as UI
- Disability Insurance (DI) benefits received as a substitute for UI benefits – shown as DI
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) benefits – shown as DUA
- Paid Family Leave (PFL) benefits – shown as PFL
Tax Information for Unemployment, Paid Family Leave, or Taxable State Disability Benefits
If you received Unemployment Insurance, Paid Family Leave, or taxable State Disability Insurance benefits from the Employment Development Department (EDD) in 2016, you will receive the Form 1099G. The Form 1099G reports the total taxable unemployment compensation issued to you from the EDD for a calendar year. Total taxable compensation includes:
The EDD mails the annual Form 1099G during the last week of January. Claimants should receive their forms no later than January 31.
For more information, check out the FAQs – Form 1099G: Taxable Unemployment Compensation or the FAQs – Form 1099G for State Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave.
For added convenience, UI customers may access their UI OnlineSM accounts to view, print, or request an official copy of their Form 1099G information for up to the past five years. Visit the Get Tax Information (Form 1099G) with UI Online web page for more details or to view the helpful video tutorial.