New Automated and Online Services
The Employment Development Department (EDD) automated some key services to provide customers with more online options described below. The EDD is promoting these new and enhanced services to better serve our customers. Check out the EDD Online poster featuring these online services.
- SDI Online: Online services have been enhanced and automated for California State Disability Insurance (SDI). Customers can now file a claim for Disability Insurance (DI) or Paid Family Leave (PFL), submit forms, and view claim information, all online. It is secure, reliable, and the fastest way to file a DI or PFL claim.
- EDD Debit CardSM and Direct Deposit Transfer: The EDD Debit CardSM is the more efficient way of delivering California Unemployment and State Disability Insurance benefit payments. This payment system allows customers to receive their benefits faster and eliminate check cashing fees for customers who do not have a bank account. The EDD Debit CardSM owner has access to their funds 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The EDD Debit CardSM can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Many EDD customers have expressed an appreciation for the quicker arrival of payments and the greater flexibility to manage their benefits. For more information, visit The EDD Debit CardSM Web page.
- eApply4UI: Customers are able to file or re-open an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by accessing eApply4UI. It is secure, reliable, and the fastest way to file or re-open a UI claim.
- EDD Web-CertSM: Customers are able to submit their Continued Claim form online instead of sending in the paper Continued Claim form. EDD Web-CertSM allows customers to certify for UI benefits 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This can reduce payment delays caused by common errors made when completing paper Continued Claim forms. This online option provides greater customer ease, eliminates mailing time, and saves customers the cost of postage. For more information, visit the EDD Web-CertSM Web page.
- EDD Tele-CertSM: This option enables most customers to submit their Continued Claim form by using the telephone instead of filling out and mailing a paper form. This can reduce payment delays caused by common errors made when completing paper Continued Claim forms.
- e-Services for Business: Employers can register businesses, manage payroll tax accounts, file reports, and make tax payments. Payroll agents can access their clients’ accounts through a third party access, which will allow the agent to maintain the clients’ accounts. For more information, visit the e-Services for Business Advantages and Features page.
- CalJOBSSM: California’s labor exchange system allows employers to post job openings, sort through skill requirements, and search for the right candidate at no cost.
- CalJOBSSM: CalJOBSSM is California’s no-fee Internet labor exchange system. Through CalJOBSSM, job seekers can create résumés that can be seen by employers online and look for jobs openings. Employers can also use the system to find qualified candidates for their companies.
- SDI Online: Online services have been enhanced and automated for California State Disability Insurance (SDI). Physicians and Practitioners and their designated representatives can view patient’s initial claim for benefits, submit DI and PFL claim certifications, and view claim certification history. It is secure, reliable, and the fastest way to certify a patient’s claim.