Overview - State Disability Insurance
State Disability Insurance (SDI) Online will be Unavailable Due to System Maintenance
Due to scheduled system maintenance, SDI Online will be unavailable on the following dates and times:
Friday, July 25, 2014 at 6 p.m. – Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 6 p.m.: SDI Online will be unavailable for any activities.
During this period, you may access your claim and check payment information using our Automated Telephone Information System by dialing one of the following numbers:
For Disability Insurance Claim and General Information Call:
For Paid Family Leave Claim and General Information Call:
Deposit information for your EDD Debit CardSM can be obtained by contacting Bank of America’s EDD Debit CardSM customer service at 1-866-692-9374, or online at the Bank of America EDD Debit CardSM website.
We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during this maintenance period.
California State Disability Insurance (SDI) is a partial wage-replacement insurance plan for California workers. The SDI program is state-mandated and funded through employee payroll deductions. SDI provides affordable, short-term benefits to eligible workers. Workers covered by SDI are covered by two benefits: Disability Insurance (DI) and Paid Family Leave (PFL). To learn more about SDI, visit About the Program.
New Online Services
The Employment Development Department (EDD) implemented a new electronic claim filing system for SDI, called SDI Online. You can now process DI or PFL claims conveniently and securely online.
Before You Register
Before you register, visit:
- California’s Paid Family Leave marks its 10th Anniversary; Expands to cover more family members (July 1, 2014)
- Receive the Latest State Disability Insurance (SDI) Information and Updates by E-mail
- EDD Debit CardSM Information (Updated, December 5, 2013)
- Phishing Scam Alert: Request to File for Unemployment Benefits
- New Claim for Disability Insurance Benefits, DE 2501 form
- SDI Online
- SDI Contribution Rate Information (Updated January 12, 2013)
This Google Translate™ translation service is provided for informational purposes only as the EDD is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. View Disclaimer
- SDI Online
- SDI Automated Phone Information System
- SDI Office Locations
- SDI Forms and Publications
- SDI Self-Service Options