California Employer Newsletter
The California Employer Newsletter is published quarterly by the Employment Development Department. The newsletter provides employers, their representatives or agents with the latest and most exciting news, timely and important reminders, valuable services and resources available to support the employer community.
- California Employer - Fourth Quarter 2016
Articles in the new edition of California Employer include:
- New E-file and E-Pay Requirements
- Covered California Focuses on Small Business
- 2017 Tax Rate Information
- Annual Interest Rate for 2017
- Striking Gold in California
- California Employer - Third Quarter 2016
- Now is Perfect Time to Go Electronic with EDD
- Customized Business Services from Labor Market Information Division
- Use Social Media to Stay Up-to-Date with EDD
- SIDES Offers a New Way to Communicate
- California Employer - Second Quarter 2016
- Mandatory E-file and E-pay Phase-In for Employers Begins in 2017
- Statement of Charges to Your UI Reserve Account Is Coming in September
- Bank Change Will Affect Electronic Funds Transfer Filers
- Check Your Records, Send Unclaimed Property to the State Controller’s Office
- California Employer - First Quarter 2016
- EDD Helps Combat Fraud, Unfair Business Practices
- Doing Business Electronically: Way of Future
- SIDES Data Exchange: Quick and Secure
- Law Eases Penalties on Motor Carriers
- Subscribe to E-mail Updates
- California Employer - Fourth Quarter 2015
- New Employer Requirements for 2017
- More Than Just a Number
- Redesigned DE 1 Is Available
- 2016 Tax Rate Notice
- Complying With Child Support
- WARN law covers mass layoffs
- Reimbursable Financing for Unemployment Insurance
- EDD Battles Benefit Fraud
- California Employer - Third Quarter 2015
- Save Time, Money in Dealing With UI Claims
- New Web-based Seminars Help Businesses Avoid Costly Errors
- Locating an EDD Office Is Quick and Easy
- Your e-Services for Business Experience Just Got Better
- Governor’s Office Acts as the Single Point of Contact for Economic Development in California
- California Employer - Second Quarter 2015
- Are You a Household Employer?
- CalJOBSSM Is a Valuable Tool for California Employers
- Help Fight UI Fraud and Identity Theft
- Payroll Tax Seminars
- Help Fight UI Fraud and Identity Theft
- Statement of Charges to Reserve Account
- California Employer - First Quarter 2015
- Know Your Rights as a California Employer
- Go Online to Reopen Your Payroll Tax Account
- Personal Income Tax Withholding Change
- Know Your Due Dates, Avoid Unnecessary Penalties
- At Seminars and on the Web, Learn How to Comply With Payroll Tax Law
- California Employer - Fourth Quarter 2014
- 2015 Tax Rate Information Notice
- Subscribe to E-mail for News and Updates – It’s Simple and Easy
- Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement Offers Easy Way to Report Lump Sum Payments
- Interest Rate for 2015 Will Remain at 3 Percent
- Annual Reminder: Notification Requirements
- e-Services for Business Keeps on Getting Better
- Report Legal Name and FEIN Accurately on New Employee Registry
- 2015 Values for Meals and Lodging
- California Deposit Requirement Schedule
- California Employer - Third Quarter 2014
- New Employee Report Aids Children
- Amateur Coach Could Be Subject to Payroll Tax
- Seminar Helps Employers Get Started
- Independent Contractor Report Aids Child Support.
- Who Is a Household Employer?
- Have You Made a Change to Your Business?
- California Employer - Second Quarter 2014
- Paid Family Leave To Cover Additional Family Members
- Review Your Statement Of Reserve Charges
- Penalties Increase For Failure To File In Timely Manner
- Interest Rate Is Set At 3 Percent
- Subscribe To E-Mail For News And Updates
- Get Started With E-Services For Business
- Sign Up For Payroll Tax Seminars
- California Employer - First Quarter 2014
- State Disability Insurance (SDI) Online: Quick, Easy, and Secure!
- DE 9 and DE 9C Reminders
- Subscribe to E-mail for News and Updates – It’s Simple
- Seminars to Help You!
- State payroll reporting requirements and recordkeeping.
- Determining if workers are employees or independent contractors.
- Managing Unemployment Insurance costs.
- Calculating and completing payroll tax forms.
- File your Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34)
- Bank Deposits Are Now Delivered Electronically
- California Employer - Fourth Quarter 2013
- Covered California’s SHOP
- New Health Insurance Marketplace for Small Businesses
- New CalJOBSSM Is Employer Friendly
- Year-end Notification
- EDD Online Services Provide Fast, Secure, and Convenient Options for Employers
- Check 2014 Tax Rate Information Notice
- PIT and SDI Deposit Rules
- Labor Law Seminars Offer Valuable Tips
- California Employer - Third Quarter 2013
- Have You Used e-Services for Business to File Your Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34)?
- Review Statement of Charges to Reserve Account
- Sign Up for Our Online or Classroom Seminars!
- Helpful Hints to Avoid Penalties
- Use Your Credit Card to Make a Payment!
- California Employer - Second Quarter 2013
- What Information Are You Required to File With the EDD?
- We Continue to Reduce Costs by Going Electronic
- For the Benefit of California’s Children
- Payroll Tax Seminars Available
- e-Services for Business is Open All Day, Every Day
- SDI Online makes filing easier, faster for employers
- California Employer - First Quarter 2013
- No-Fee Tax Seminars
- Federal Health Care Tax Credit
- Employer’s Guides Online
- Reporting Newly Hired or Rehired Employees
- Change from “Banking Day” to “Business Day”
- Change of Status Reminders
- California Employer - Fourth Quarter 2012
- New SDI Online
- 2013 Tax Rate Information Notice
- Federal Earned Income Tax Credit
- Furnish Your Employees with Form W-2
- Plus deposit requirements, interest, meals and lodging rates.
- California Employer - Third Quarter 2012
- Help Make a Difference to the UI Fund!
- Test Drive e-Services for Business
- Reserve Account Statement of Charges
- Important Reminder about Payroll Taxes
- California Employer - Second Quarter 2012
- Employers Play Important Role in Preventing Fraud
- Have you tried e-Services for Business?
- Seminars Offer Valuable Tax Help
- California Employer - First Quarter 2012
- e-Services for Business receives “Best of the Web” Award
- 2012 State Disability Insurance rate announced
- Federal Small Business Health Care Tax Credit Available
- Alternate Base Period
- ICESA and MMREF formats being phased out