Miscellaneous MI 40 - Fact Finding Guide
Employer Timeliness - Rulings
- Was a notice sent to the employer?
- Is the date the notice was sent clearly established?
- Was the notice sent to the correct address?
- Was the claimant’s name correct?
- Is the protesting employer the last employer?
- Did the employer reply timely to the first notice received?
- Did the employer submit eligibility information it could not reasonably have known at the time of the first claim notice? If so, was the new information submitted within 10 days of its acquisition?
- If the employer protest is not timely, does good cause exist for extending the protest period?