Suitable Work SW 150 - Fact Finding Guide
Travel: Time, Distance, and Cost
- Was the job referral or offer to suitable work?
- If the claimant did not have a vehicle, were other means of transportation available? Did the claimant attempt to determine what other arrangements were available?
- Was the claimant unwilling to use available transportation? Do the reasons constitute good cause?
- Was the job referral or offer within the customary travel distance for the claimant’s occupation and labor market area?
- If the claimant’s customary commuting pattern is different from that in his community and occupation, what is the reason?
- If the job offered was a split-shift, in what way did the distance, time, and cost affect the suitability of the job?
- How long had the claimant been in the labor market at the time of refusal?