Suitable Work SW 235 - Fact Finding Guide
Health or Physical Condition
- Was a medical or health condition the primary reason for the refusal? How would the claimant’s health be affected by this particular job?
- Did the claimant leave his or her last employment due to this medical or health condition?
- Did the claimant have first-hand knowledge of the conditions of the offered job due to previous experience?
- Did the claimant investigate the conditions of the job? Did he or she attempt adjustment or give the employer an opportunity to adjust the conditions of the job?
- Is the claimant prohibited from working on the job due to legal or medical restrictions related to his or her health?
- If the claimant is disabled, how does the prospective employment differ from other work performed with respect to demands on his or her physical capabilities?
- If the claimant has refused to use a means of reducing his or her handicap, such as wearing glasses, a prosthesis, etc., what is his or her reason for the refusal?