Suitable Work SW 500 - Fact Finding Guide
Wages and Time
- What wage does the prospective employment offer?
- What is the prevailing wage for that occupation?
- How does the offered wage compare with the prevailing wage?
- Why does the claimant consider the offered wage insufficient?
- Does the offered wage compare with the claimant’s prior earnings?
- Does the offered employment offer fringe benefits? If so, in what form?
- Does the offered employment guarantee overtime?
- If the method of payment is piece-rate or commission, has the claimant previously worked on this basis?
- Is piece-rate or commission a customary method of payment in the claimant’s occupation?
- Does the offered piece-rate or commission job offer a guaranteed minimum wage?
- Is the offered employment in the claimant’s usual occupation and labor market?
- How long has the claimant been unemployed and what are his or her prospects of work?
- Does the prospective employment require the claimant to work in excess of the number of hours per day or days per week permitted by law?
- What are the customary hours, days, or shifts worked in the claimant’s occupation?
- What hours or days are required by the prospective employment?
- Why does the claimant object to the prospective employment?