Suitable Work SW 5 - Fact Finding Guide
- At the time of the referral or offer, was there an actual job opening?
- Did the claimant receive a definite offer of work?
- Did the claimant understand that he or she had been offered work?
- Was the offer of work made by an employer representative empowered to do so?
- Did the referral or offer include sufficient information concerning the opening?
- Was the work in the claimant's usual occupation or was it work for which the claimant is reasonably fitted?
- Was the work specified as "unsuitable" by Section 1259?
- Did the claimant refuse the offer or referral?
- What was the claimant’s reason for refusing the offer or referral?
NOTE: For fact-finding guides related to specific reasons for refusing a job offer or referral, refer to the appropriate section in this volume.