Total and Partial Unemployment TPU 105 - Fact Finding Guide
In determining the employment status of claimants working under special types of contracts, it is necessary to know the terms of the contract.
- Does the contract call for the exclusive services of the claimant, or call for a specific amount of time? If a specific amount of time is called for in the contract, what amount?
- Is the claimant prohibited by the contract from taking any other employment?
- Does the contract call for the claimant to “stand-by”?
- May the claimant accept other employment while standing-by?
- Is the claimant free to accept other employment once he has fulfilled his obligations under the contract?
- Can the contract be terminated at will by either party without penalty?
- Is the claimant paid whether or not he is called upon to perform services under the contract?
- Is the claimant paid only if he is called upon to perform a service?
- Is the claimant paid a specified amount no matter how much time he is required to give the employer?