Total and Partial Unemployment TPU 415.3 - Fact Finding Guide
- In completing sales, does the salesman sign as a representative of the company, or as an individual?
- Are the sales subject to the approval of the company?
- Are the hours of work set by the company?
- If a license is required is it attached to the company, or kept by the claimant?
- Did the claimant complete formal personnel papers when hired?
- Has the employer ever reprimanded the claimant on work performance?
- Is the claimant given the opportunity for advancement within the company?
- Does the claimant buy at a wholesale distributorship and set his/her own retail price? Who stands the loss on unsold merchandise?
- Does the principal have the right to tell the claimant what products he/she may and may not sell?
- What is the claimant’s commission selling job subsidiary work while he was working at his/her normal occupation?
- Was the claimant’s commission selling job subsidiary work while he was working at his/her normal occupation?
- Is the claimant still seeking work in his/her usual occupation, or has he/she abandoned that for his commission selling work?
- What are the claimant’s past earnings on his commission job, and what are his potential future earnings?
- What experience, or licenses, etc., has the claimant acquired since losing his primary job which might indicate he has changed his primary work to his commission selling job?