Total and Partial Unemployment TPU 460.05 - Fact Finding Guide
Type of Compensation
Claimants may be in receipt of several different types of payments. These payments may or may not be "wages".
- Is the payment made in exchange for personal services performed by the claimant?
- Exactly what did the claimant do to earn the "wages"?
- Would the claimant have had anything coming to him without performing any service?
- Was there an employer-employee relationship?
- Was the claimant an independent contractor?
- Is the claimant receiving payment in a form other than cash?