Total and Partial Unemployment TPU 80.15 - Fact Finding Guide
Leave of Absence or Vacation
- Has the employer-employee relationship been preserved by the leave?
- Is there a guarantee, or reasonable expectancy, on the part of the employer that there will be a job for the claimant at the end of the leave of absence?
- What are the conditions of maintaining the leave? Must the claimant report periodically? Must he present medical or other evidence that the leave is necessary?
- Has the claimant and the employer complied with the terms of the leave?
- What happens if the claimant accepts employment during the leave?
- Was the employment terminated during the leave? If so, by the employer or by the claimant?
- Is the claimant receiving any pay during the time of the leave? Is the claimant receiving any compensation from other employing units?