Overview - Unemployment Insurance
Update for Benefits Affected by New Upgrades
Updated November 8, 2013, 4:30 p.m.
The EDD is working to complete the transition to a new upgraded payment processing system as quickly as possible. We are supplying continual updates on our progress and are providing recommendations to our claimants, including how they can help us expedite this effort with the submission of their certifications for continuing benefits. For more information and updates on the new payment processing system and how it may affect you, visit the New Upgrades for the UI System page.
New Online Services
Online services for the Unemployment Insurance (UI) program have been made available for your convenience. Our online services include:
To learn more about these services and other automated services, visit the EDD Online Services page.
Apply for UI or Reopen a UI Claim
- New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions (Updated December 11, 2013)
- EDD Debit CardSM Information (Updated December 5, 2012)
- Phishing Scam Alert: Request to File for Unemployment Benefits
- Important Update: New Upgrades for the Unemployment Insurance System (Updated November 8, 2013)
- Federal Government Shutdown
- Results on EDD efforts to clear Unemployment Insurance processing and payment backlog
- Receive the Latest Unemployment Insurance (UI) Information and Updates by E-mail
- Federal sequestration to end for new unemployment extensions beginning September 29
- Sequestration Reduction Calculator of Federal Extension Benefits Now Available.
- Reemployment and Eligibility Assessment 2012 Information (Updated January 3, 2013)
- Form 1099G – Report of Taxable Compensation Payments FAQs (Updated, December 27, 2012)
- How to avoid common mistakes that can lead to improper payments and penalties in the Unemployment Insurance Program. Learn more about the eligibility and reporting requirements of the UI Program to avoid penalties as a claimant and additional costs as an employer.
- Demand for unemployment benefits in 2012 may lessen but should remain high
- Keep Your Home California: A mortgage assistance program that may help those on unemployment.
- Assistance For Unemployed Californians
- Apply for UI or Reopen a UI Claim
- Certify for UI Benefits
- Access UI Payment Information
- Forms and Publications
- More Help for the Unemployed
Top Links This Month
- EDD Web-CertSM
- Ways to File
- UI Telephone Numbers
- Where is My Payment
- Managing Your UI Benefits
- Benefit Determination Guide