Overview - Unemployment Insurance
Attention CalJOBSSM Users
CalJOBSSM will be going through a system upgrade from Sunday, April 27, 2014 to Monday, May 5, 2014. During this time, the CalJOBSSM website will be temporarily unavailable to users.
For information and updates, please visit the CalJOBSSM Information page.
The Unemployment Insurance (UI) program offers fast and easy ways to apply, reopen, and certify for UI benefits. Our online services include:
- eApply4UI: Apply online to start a new claim or reopen an existing UI claim. For more information, visit Apply for UI Benefits Information.
- EDD Web-CertSM: Certify for UI benefits online. For more information on certifying for benefits, visit Information You Need to Certify for Ongoing UI Benefits and Understanding the Questions on the Continued Claim Form.
To learn more about other automated services, visit the EDD Online Services page.
Note: Google Translate™ is not available within eApply4UI and EDD Web-CertSM. For more information, please visit Google Translate™ Information.
Apply for UI or Reopen a UI Claim
- New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions (Updated April 16, 2014)
- Important Update: New Upgrades for the Unemployment Insurance System (Updated January 22, 2014)
- Form 1099G – Report of Taxable Compensation Payments FAQs (Updated, December 31, 2013)
- EDD Debit CardSM Information (Updated December 5, 2013)
- Phishing Scam Alert: Request to File for Unemployment Benefits
- Results on EDD efforts to clear Unemployment Insurance processing and payment backlog
- Receive the Latest Unemployment Insurance (UI) Information and Updates by E-mail
- How to avoid common mistakes that can lead to improper payments and penalties in the Unemployment Insurance Program. Learn more about the eligibility and reporting requirements of the UI Program to avoid penalties as a claimant and additional costs as an employer.
- Keep Your Home California: A mortgage assistance program that may help those on unemployment.
- Assistance For Unemployed Californians
This Google Translate™ translation service is provided for informational purposes only as the EDD is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. View Disclaimer
- Apply for UI or Reopen a UI Claim
- Certify for UI Benefits
- Access UI Payment Information
- Forms and Publications
- More Help for the Unemployed
Top Links This Month
- EDD Web-CertSM
- Federal UI Extensions
- Ways to File
- UI Telephone Numbers
- Where is My Payment
- Benefit Determination Guide