Certifying for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits
The Employment Development Department (EDD) offers several methods for certifying for UI benefits. Online and telephone methods can reduce payment delays caused by common errors made when completing the paper Continued Claim form.
For more information about certifying for UI benefits, watch the video Options for Completing the Continued Claim Form.
Certify Online with EDD Web-CertSM (Recommended)
Use EDD Web-CertSM to certify for UI benefits online instead of sending in the paper Continued Claim form.
Advantages of EDD Web-CertSM
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Shortens processing time.
- Reduces common errors that can occur with submitting paper forms.
- Saves on postage costs and eliminate delays.
- Allows you to verify or edit your answer(s) before submitting the certification.
- Allows you to certify for multiple weeks.
For more information or to register, visit the EDD Web-CertSM page.
Certify by Phone with EDD Tele-CertSM
Use EDD Tele-CertSM to certify for UI benefits over the phone by calling the UI automated self-service number:
For more information, visit the EDD Tele-CertSM page.
Certify by Mail
Certify for benefits by mailing your paper Continued Claim form to the EDD.
For more information: Completing the Continued Claim Form
- Apply for UI or Reopen a UI Claim
- Certify for UI Benefits
- Access UI Payment Information
- Forms and Publications
- More Help for the Unemployed
Top Links This Month
- EDD Web-CertSM
- Federal UI Extensions
- Ways to File
- UI Telephone Numbers
- Where is My Payment
- Managing Your UI Benefits Information