Days and Hours of Service for Unemployment Insurance
EDD representatives are available by:
- Phone: Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 12 noon (Pacific Time) except on California state holidays. Refer to the UI Phone Numbers.
- TTY (nonvoice) for deaf, hard of hearing and speech disabled at 1-800-875-9387: Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific Time) except on California state holidays.
For added convenience, the EDD offers the following self-service tools to file a new UI claim, reopen an existing claim, certify for benefits, and much more, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including all holidays.
File a new claim with eApply4UI
- The fastest way to apply for a new Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim.
- Certify for benefits and report work and wages.
- Reopen an existing claim without speaking to a representative.
- Get detailed claim and payment information.
- Update your contact information and set personal preferences.
- View all scheduled appointments and reschedule a phone interview appointment.
- View, print or request an official copy of Form 1099G tax information for up to the past five years.
- Ask a Question about your claim.
- Hear information on your last payment issued.
- Certify for benefits using EDD Tele-CertSM.
- Hear information on how to file a new UI claim or reopen an existing one.
- Hear the most recent calendar year 1099G information and request a duplicate Form 1099G.
- Find local America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM locations.
Ask a Question through Ask EDD if you have not filed a claim, you are an employer, or you need assistance for:
- Resetting your UI OnlineSM password
- Continued Claim Forms(s)
- EDD Tele-CertSM