Days and Hours of Service
EDD representatives are available by phone:
- Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 noon Pacific time except on California state holidays.
For added convenience, the EDD offers the following self-help tools to file a new claim, certify for benefits, get payment information and manage your UI claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
Ask a Question using Ask EDD
The easiest way to ask questions about your claim. Representatives respond within 7 to 10 days.
Call the UI Self-Service Phone Line
The quickest way to access your payment information.
- Get information on your last payment issued.
- Certify for benefits using EDD Tele-CertSM.
- Hear information on how to file a new UI claim or reopen an existing one.
- Request duplicate 1099G tax information.
- Find local America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM locations.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
To speak with a representative, refer to the UI Phone Numbers.
Note: More comprehensive self-service options are available using the Internet with UI OnlineSM.