FAQs - Contacting UI for Employers
- What is the best way to get answers to my questions about a former employee’s claim?
- An EDD interviewer called me. How do I call the interviewer back?
- What do I need to do to see the documents you used when you made your decision and the basis for your decision?
- How can I comment on the interview, or about the interviewer who called me?
What is the best way to get answers to my questions about a former employee’s claim?
The best way to get answers about a former employee’s claim is to:
- Call EDD.
- Locate the information in the FAQs
- Mail a letter to:
Employment Development Department
PO Box 826880 – UIPCD MIC 40
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001
An EDD interviewer called me. How do I call the interviewer back?
Generally, a telephone number will be left to return the call. If the interviewer did not leave a number, or the number is misplaced, the telephone number for UI can be found on the EDD Web site. After contacting EDD, tell the Department representative that it is necessary to talk to the interviewer who is working on the claim. Claimants should be prepared to give his or her name and social security account number to the Department representative. The representative will locate the appropriate interviewer.
What do I need to do to see the documents you used when you made your decision and the basis for your decision?
Our representatives will assist employers in reviewing or obtaining EDD held documents, and materials that will enable them to protect their reserve account. For assistance contact EDD, or review our Benefit Determination Guide for more information.
How can I comment on the interview, or about the interviewer who called me?
EDD is committed to outstanding customer service and values its customers’ opinions. Use any one of the following options to provide comments:
- Apply for UI or Reopen a UI Claim
- Certify for UI Benefits
- Access UI Payment Information
- Forms and Publications
- More Help for the Unemployed
Top Links This Month
- EDD Web-CertSM
- Federal UI Extensions
- Ways to File
- UI Telephone Numbers
- Where is My Payment
- Managing Your UI Benefits Information