Improper UI Payments
Unemployment Insurance (UI) provides temporary financial assistance to qualified out of work individuals to help sustain them and their families while they look for a new job. Individuals must meet eligibility requirements of state and federal law to receive benefits. Both individuals and employers are responsible to make sure they are following the law, otherwise improper payments may be made. Learn how to avoid penalties as a claimant and extra costs as an employer by knowing more about improper UI payments.
Information individuals should know about their UI Claim, such as requirements, state laws, common mistakes, and employment services.
Information for employers on how they can minimize their UI costs, avoid higher UI taxes and prevent improper UI benefit payments.
- Apply for UI or Re-open a UI Claim Online
- Certify for UI Benefits Online
- Certify for UI Benefits by Phone
- Access UI Payment Information by Phone
- Forms and Publications
- More Help for the Unemployed
Top Links This Month
- EDD Web-CertSM
- UI Telephone Numbers
- Filing a Claim
- Managing Your UI Benefits
- Apply for UI Benefits Info