Ways to Certify for UI Benefits
The Employment Development Department (EDD) offers three methods to Certify for UI Benefits: online, over the phone, and by mail. Online and phone methods can reduce payment delays caused by common errors made when completing the paper Continued Claim Form (DE 4581).
Certify Online with UI OnlineSM
UI OnlineSM offers customers more certification options than ever before. Now, you can certify for continued benefits even when reporting work and wages and when updating your contact information. In addition to submitting your certifications online, you can access detailed claim and payment information and manage your UI claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Advantages of UI OnlineSM
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Mobile-friendly version for smartphone and tablet users with UI Online MobileSM.
- Reduces processing time and common errors.
- Saves on postage costs.
- Allows you to certify for continued benefits, even if you have to report work and wages.
- View detailed payment information for all processed payments.
- Update contact information and set personal preferences.
- Reopen an existing claim without speaking to a representative.
For more information, visit the UI OnlineSM page.
Certify by Phone with EDD Tele-CertSM
Use EDD Tele-CertSM to certify for UI benefits over the phone by calling the UI self-service number: 1-866-333-4606
For more information, visit the EDD Tele-CertSM page.
Certify by Mail
Certify for benefits by mailing your paper Continued Claim form to the EDD.
For more information: Certify by Mail
For additional information on certifying for benefits: