Ways to File or Re-open Your UI Claim
Unemployment Insurance Applications
The Employment Development Department (EDD) offers several methods for filing or re-opening Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims.
Advantages of eApply4UI
- Fastest way to file or re-open your claim.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Shortens processing time.
- Secure and reliable.
- Confirmation number is provided.
For more information or to file for UI online: eApply4UI
You can file or re-open a UI claim over the phone with an EDD customer service representative.
- English: 1-800-300-5616
- Spanish: 1-800-326-8937
- Chinese (Cantonese): 1-800-547-3506
- Chinese (Mandarin): 1-800-303-0705
- Vietnamese: 1-800-547-2058
Call the EDD between 8 a.m. and 12 noon, Pacific time, Monday through Friday. This service is not available on State holidays.
You can file or re-open a UI claim by using our paper application available through eApply4UI. The application can be completed online and printed, or it can be printed and completed by hand. The application can then be faxed or mailed to the EDD for processing.
P.O. Box 12906
Oakland, CA 91604-2909
Note: Extra postage is required.
Fax Number: 1-866-215-9159
If you served in the Military during the last 18 months and/or if you worked for an agency of the Federal government during the last 18 months, you may be able to apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits by phone or by using our paper application available through eApply4UI. The paper application can be filled out online and printed, or printed and completed by hand. You can mail or fax your completed application to the EDD office listed on the application for processing.
- Apply for UI or Re-open a UI Claim Online
- Certify for UI Benefits Online
- Certify for UI Benefits by Phone
- Access UI Payment Information by Phone
- Forms and Publications
- More Help for the Unemployed
Top Links This Month
- EDD Web-CertSM
- UI Telephone Numbers
- Filing a Claim
- Managing Your UI Benefits
- Apply for UI Benefits Info