Overview - Unemployment Insurance
Customer Service Center Hours Reduced
Starting May 20, 2013, Unemployment Insurance customer service center hours were reduced to 8 a.m. – 12 noon due to a federal funding shortfall. The EDD urges our customers to use self-service options whenever possible, such as:
New Online Services
Online services for the Unemployment Insurance (UI) program have been made available for your convenience. Our online services include:
To learn more about these services and other automated services, visit the New Automated and Online Services page.
Apply for UI or Re-open a UI Claim
- New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions (Updated May 14, 2013)
- Sequestration Reduction Calculator of Federal Extension Benefits Now Available.
- Reemployment and Eligibility Assessment 2012 Information (Updated January 3, 2013)
- Form 1099G – Report of Taxable Compensation Payments FAQs (Updated, December 27, 2012)
- How to avoid common mistakes that can lead to improper payments and penalties in the Unemployment Insurance Program. Learn more about the eligibility and reporting requirements of the UI Program to avoid penalties as a claimant and additional costs as an employer.
- EDD Debit CardSM Information (Updated August 31, 2012)
- Demand for unemployment benefits in 2012 may lessen but should remain high
- Keep Your Home California: A mortgage assistance program that may help those on unemployment.
- Assistance For Unemployed Californians
- Apply for UI or Re-open a UI Claim Online
- Certify for UI Benefits Online
- Certify for UI Benefits by Phone
- Access UI Payment Information by Phone
- Forms and Publications
- More Help for the Unemployed
Top Links This Month
- EDD Web-CertSM
- UI Telephone Numbers
- Filing a Claim
- Managing Your UI Benefits
- Apply for UI Benefits Info