Miscellaneous MI 5 - Fact Finding Guide
Claim Filing Requirements
- Has the claimant been asked to provide specified information needed to decide his or her eligibility?
- What information has the claimant failed to provide?
- What regulation requires the claimant to provide this information?
- Is the information required, to resolve whether a potentially disqualifying act or circumstance exists?
- Is the claimant able to provide the information? If so, why has the claimant failed to provide the information?
- Has the claimant been advised that the information is required, and that he or she will be denied benefits if the information is not provided?
- Is the information available in other Department records?
- What attempts has the Department made to find the information, or to assist the claimant in finding the information?
- If the specified information is not available, can a decision be issued based on the potentially disqualifying act or circumstance and a determination issued based on the related section of the Unemployment Insurance Code, rather than Section 1253(a)?