Total and Partial Unemployment TPU 30 - Fact Finding Guide
Apprenticeship or Preparatory Services
A. Preparatory Service
- Is there a contract of hire, expressed or implied, between the claimant and the employer?
- Is the claimant being paid any "wages" while on this training courses If so, is it less or more than the weekly benefit amount?
- If no wages are payable, is the claimant performing a service for the employer? If so, how much time is spent in this service?
- If the claimant is attending a training course, is he being paid for this time?
- How much time is the claimant spending in the training course?
- Has the claimant signed a written "apprenticeship agreement"?
- How many hours a week is the claimant working and are his/her earnings XE?
- Has the claimant severed his relationship with the employer?