Overview - Unemployment Insurance
The EDD Closed in Observance of the Labor Day Holiday
Unemployment Insurance (UI) offices will be closed on Monday, September 1, 2014 for Labor Day. Benefit payments may require an additional 1-2 days for processing. Visit the State Holidays page for more information.
The Unemployment Insurance (UI) program offers fast and easy ways to apply, reopen, and certify for UI benefits. Our online services include:
- eApply4UI: Apply online to start a new claim or reopen an existing UI claim. For more information, visit Apply for UI Benefits Information.
- EDD Web-CertSM: Certify for UI benefits online to reduce processing time and common errors. For more information on certifying, review Certifying for UI Benefits.
To learn more about other automated services, visit the EDD Online Services page.
Note: Google Translate™ is not available within eApply4UI and EDD Web-CertSM. For more information, please visit Google Translate™ Information.
Apply for UI or Reopen a UI Claim
- New Upgrades for the Unemployment Insurance System (Updated August 29, 2014)
- Employment Program Representatives Job Vacancies Information: The EDD is looking to hire more staff in the UI program (Updated July 3, 2014)
- New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions (Updated June 27, 2014)
- Work Sharing: Changes to Plans Effective On or After July 6, 2014 (Updated June 26, 2014)
- EDD Debit CardSM Information (Updated December 5, 2013)
- Phishing Scam Alert: Request to File for Unemployment Benefits
- Receive the Latest Unemployment Insurance (UI) Information and Updates by E-mail
- How to avoid common mistakes that can lead to improper payments and penalties in the Unemployment Insurance Program. Learn more about the eligibility and reporting requirements of the UI Program to avoid penalties as a claimant and additional costs as an employer.
- Keep Your Home California: A mortgage assistance program that may help those on unemployment.
- Assistance For Unemployed Californians
This Google Translate™ translation service is provided for informational purposes only as the EDD is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. View Disclaimer
- Apply for UI or Reopen a UI Claim
- Ways to Certify for UI Benefits
- Access UI Payment Information
- Forms and Publications
- More Help for the Unemployed
Top Links This Month
- EDD Web-CertSM
- Ways to File
- UI Telephone Numbers
- Federal UI Extensions
- Apply for UI Benefits Information
- Benefit Determination Guide