State Disability Insurance Self-Service Options
The EDD offers various methods for you to find services, information, and resources about State Disability Insurance (SDI).
- SDI Online
- Ask EDD
- Online Videos and Tutorials
- Automated Phone System
- Office Locations
- Forms and Publications
SDI Online (Recommended)
Use SDI Online to apply for SDI benefits instead of submitting the paper Claim for Disability Insurance (DI) Benefits (DE 2501) form or Claim for Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits (DE 2501F) form by mail. SDI Online is convenient and secure.
Advantages of SDI Online
- Provides immediate confirmation of forms submitted.
- Online access available 24 hours a day.
- Check DI claim status and payment history online.
- Reduces claim processing time.
- Decreases costs in paper and postage.
To use SDI Online, complete a one-time registration using Benefit Programs Online (BPO) to establish an online account. Visit the BPO login page and select Register to get started.
BPO registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
After you have registered for and logged in to BPO, select SDI Online which will direct you to the SDI Online Registration Options. Once your registration is complete, log in to BPO and select SDI Online to file your claim.
Ask EDD is the EDD’s online interactive service that can help you get the information you need. If you have a question that is not addressed in our Frequently Asked Questions section or on this website, or if you would like to report potential fraud, submit an inquiry using Ask EDD.
To help us answer your question, please include as much information as possible on the electronic forms. All of your information will be maintained in a fully secure environment.
Online Videos and Tutorials
For helpful tips about SDI Online, visit the Informational Tutorials and Videos page to view online videos and tutorials.
Automated Phone System
- Disability Insurance (DI) Automated Phone Information System
- Paid Family Leave (PFL) Automated Phone Information System
- Employer/Physician-Practitioner Automated Phone Information System
- California State Government Employees Automated Phone Information System
Forms and Publications
Forms, publications including fact sheets and brochures, and more are available on the SDI Forms and Publications page. You can also use the Online Forms and Publications page to view and order online.