Total and Partial Unemployment TPU 415.05 - Fact Finding Guide
Self Employment or Other Work/General
- Is the claimant responsible to the person who buys the services for the manner and means of accomplishing the result or only for the result itself?
- Does the claimant establish the means of operating his/her part of the business?
- Did the claimant schedule his/her hours of work or are they scheduled by the employer?
- Has the claimant ever been warned by the employer about his/her work?
- Can the claimant be discharged at will by the employer?
- Is the claimant paid on a regular hourly, weekly, or monthly basis or at the completion of each job?
- Does the claimant buy his/her product wholesale from the employer?
- Does the claimant or the employer set the retail price?
- Who stands the loss on spoilage?
- If self-employed and under elective coverage provisions of Section 708, is the claimant unemployed within the meaning of Section 1252?
- Is the claimant under a contract?
- Did absence of or reduction in earnings result from claimant’s own actions?