FAQs - Contacting UI for Employers

Show All | Hide All

The best way to get answers about a former employee’s claim is to:

  • Call EDD.
  • Locate the information in the FAQs
  • Mail a letter to:
    Employment Development Department
    PO Box 826880 – UIPCD MIC 40
    Sacramento, CA 94280-0001

Generally, a telephone number will be left to return the call. If the interviewer did not leave a number, or the number is misplaced, the telephone number for UI can be found on the EDD Web site. After contacting EDD, tell the Department representative that it is necessary to talk to the interviewer who is working on the claim. Claimants should be prepared to give his or her name and social security account number to the Department representative. The representative will locate the appropriate interviewer.

Our representatives will assist employers in reviewing or obtaining EDD held documents, and materials that will enable them to protect their reserve account. For assistance contact EDD, or review our Benefit Determination Guide for more information.

EDD is committed to outstanding customer service and values its customers’ opinions. Use any one of the following options to provide comments: