Enroll as an Employer in e-Services for Business
e-Services for Business is your fast, easy, and secure way to manage your employer payroll tax accounts online. Follow the steps below to get online access to your employer payroll tax account.
1. Create a Username and Password
- Select the “Enroll” link at the top of the e-Services for Business page.
- Enter the required information and select “Continue.”
- Select the verification link in the email sent to you by the EDD to complete the enrollment process.
Important: If you do not verify your email address within 24 hours, you will need to restart the enrollment process.
Refer to the e-Services for Business Tutorial #4: I Want to Enroll as an Employer in e-Services for Business.
2. Log in to e-Services for Business
If you need to register for an employer payroll tax account number:
- Select “New Employer” then select “Next.”
- Select the “Click here to register for Employer Payroll Tax Account Number” link.
- Complete the online registration application. To determine the required information you must have available, visit Am I Required to Register as an Employer?
- Select “Submit.”
This process will create an employer payroll tax account number.
If you already have an employer payroll tax account number:
- Select “Existing Employer” then select “Next.”
- Review the information on the screen, then select “Next.”
- Select “Yes” on the “Enrollment Type - Employer” screen, then select “Next.”
- Complete the required fields, then select “Next.”
- Be prepared to enter your employer payroll tax account number and provide one of the following:
- Total Subject Wages Reported - from one of the last three Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation) (DE 9C) filed.
- Reserve Account Balance - from the most recent Notice of Contribution Rates and Statement of UI Reserve Account (DE 2088).
- Payment Amount - one of the last five payments received by the EDD.
Note: If you have never filed a return or made a payment, you will have the option to select New Employer.
You are now authorized to access your account in e-Services for Business.
If you have any questions, please contact us.