Miscellaneous MI 45 - Fact Finding Guide
- Was the claimant or employer statement actually "false"?
- Is the false statement material to the decision?
- How does the claimant or employer explain the false statement?
- Was the misinformation given, or withheld innocently, wilfully, negligently, or with careless disregard for the truth?
- Is the explanation, concerning the circumstances surrounding the making of the false statement, inherently believable?
- Did the claimant or employer know the information was false at the time it was given?
- If the employer or claimant later discovered that false or misleading information was given, was an attempt made to correct the error?
- Could intent to defraud be implied from the claimant's actions or statements, or lack thereof?
- Has the claimant been assessed prior false statement disqualifications?