UI OnlineSM: A More Comprehensive Certification Method
UI OnlineSM is now available to all Unemployment Insurance (UI) customers. UI OnlineSM offers more comprehensive features than EDD Tele-CertSM including the ability to report work and wages when you submit your certification. You can also update your contact information and provide additional information to clarify your answers when certifying for continuing benefits. To learn more, go to UI OnlineSM.For added convenience, UI Online MobileSM is available for smartphone and tablet users.
EDD Tele-Cert SM allows you to certify for your UI benefits over the phone by calling the UI Self-Service Phone Line, 1-866-333-4606.
It is recommended that you call after 12 noon and before 8 a.m., Monday through Friday, Pacific Time, or anytime on Saturday and Sunday.
The questions asked when using EDD Tele-Cert SM are the same questions on the paper Continued Claim Form (DE 4581).
For more information, view the video about the Options for Completing the Continued Claim Form.
Advantages of EDD Tele-CertSM
- Convenient and eliminates mail time and postage costs.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, you must submit your Continued Claim form before the latest week ending date indicated on the front side of the paper Continued Claim form sent to you.
- Allows you to verify or edit your answer(s) before submitting the certification.
- Accepts your certification submission as your electronic signature.
- Allows you to certify for multiple weeks with one phone call.
Accessing EDD Tele-CertSM
- Call EDD Tele-CertSM: The UI Self-Service Phone Line for EDD Tele-CertSM is 1-866-333-4606.
- First Time Users: The first time you use EDD Tele-CertSM, you will be asked to enter your Social Security Number (SSN) and establish a new Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your old PIN will not be transferred to the new system. On subsequent visits, you will use the same PIN you created during registration to access EDD Tele-CertSM.
- Navigating EDD Tele-CertSM: The EDD Tele-CertSM method will provide you with prompts to assist in navigating through the certification process. You will be asked to input your answers using the keypad on your phone. The EDD Tele-CertSM does not use a voice recognition capability.
- Response Review: Your answers will be repeated back to you to ensure you answered each question correctly. You will be given the opportunity to change any incorrect answers. Your final entries will serve as an electronic signature.
You are responsible for the answers you submit when you certify for continuing benefits using EDD Tele-CertSM or on your paper Continued Claim form. If you give false information or do not report information that you should report, you may be subject to disqualification and penalties.
You will receive a confirmation number at the end of your call. It’s important to have a pen and paper ready to write down your confirmation number for your records as well as record the answers you gave using the EDD Tele-CertSM.
You will receive a confirmation number at the end of your call. It’s important to have a pen and paper ready to write down your confirmation number for your records as well as record the answers you gave using the IVR system.
There are some temporary limitations on using the EDD Tele-CertSM method. Some claimants participating in the following UI Programs will not be able to certify using the EDD Tele-CertSM until all unemployment systems are fully automated:
- Apprenticeship Training
- California Training Benefits (CTB)
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
- Partials Program (including Fisher partials and PMA partials)
- State Special School Benefits (SSSB)
- Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA)
- Work Sharing Program (WS)
Submitting a Paper Continued Claim Form
In addition, if during any benefit weeks any of the following conditions apply to you, you must submit a paper form instead of using EDD Tele-CertSM:
- You changed your address or phone number.
- You served on jury duty.
- You performed work and/or earned wages during any week of the certifying period (this includes all reportable income such as pension, Workers Compensation, residuals, and commission).
- You are directly involved in a trade dispute and are on strike or locked out by your employer.
After You Certify For UI Benefits
Paper Continued Claim Form: Even if you use the EDD Tele-CertSM to certify for benefits, you will continue to receive a paper Continued Claim form along with your continuing benefit payments. You may certify for benefits using the paper form or EDD Tele-CertSM as long as one of the above temporary limitations or conditions do not apply to you.
DO NOT mail your paper claim form for any of the same week(s) you certify using the EDD Tele-CertSM since it may delay your payments. The system will use the first certification submitted to process your payments. Also, do not send any other correspondence to the address indicated for paper Continued Claim forms because that too could delay processing.
Errors: If you realize you made an error after you have submitted your certification, contact the EDD immediately by calling 1-800-300-5616 or by submitting a question through Ask EDD.
Processing Time: Allow 10 days for the processing of your EDD Tele-CertSM or paper form submission before contacting the EDD about the status of your benefit payment.
For added convenience, certify for continued benefits online at UI OnlineSM.