Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
The WOTC promotes the hiring of individuals who qualify as members of target groups, by providing a federal tax credit incentive of up to $9,600 for employers who hire them.
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (P.L. 112-240) extends the WOTC to December 31, 2013. The WOTC has two purposes:
- To promote the hiring of individuals who qualify as a member of a target group.
- To provide a federal tax credit to employers who hire these individuals.
The Employment Development Department is the WOTC certifying agency for California employers.
Apply for Work Opportunity Tax Credits
There are two ways employers or their agent/consultant can submit their WOTC Requests for Certification:
Online with Work Opportunity Tax Credit Online (eWOTC) New!
Here are some features of eWOTC:
- Use eWOTC to submit your Request for Certification Applications.
- View previously submitted applications.
- Check the status of submitted applications.
Enroll in eWOTC: First time users need to enroll first to use eWOTC.
- Complete WOTC Forms and mail to the EDD’s WOTC Center.
- Mail all paper Requests for Certification to:
EDD WOTC Center
2901 50th Street
Sacramento, CA 95817-2399
- Basic Facts
- eWOTC Enrollment Information
- Employer Information About WOTC
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- WOTC Forms
Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) representatives are available to assist you by phone, fax, mail, e-mail or online. Visit the Contact WOTC for more information.
- Online Job Center
- Job Fairs and Workshops
- America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM Listing (PDF)
- Forms and Publications
Top Links This Month
- Policy and Guidance
- Workforce Partner Information
- Job Seeker Information
- Training Information