Experience Unlimited - For Job Seekers
- For Job Seekers | “Experience Unlimited” Job Search Associations Fact Sheet
- For Employers
- Local Information
Are you a professional who is out of a job? Many motivated and highly qualified individuals who have unexpectedly found themselves out of work are networking through Experience Unlimited “job clubs” to find new employment opportunities. The Employment Development Department’s (EDD) Experience Unlimited services are available at select locations throughout the State. A wide range of professional, technical, and managerial job seekers participate in these voluntary, networking groups to lend one another job hunting assistance and direction. There are no fees for either job seekers or employers.
What is Experience Unlimited?
Provided at no fee, the program provides a place where job seekers can meet regularly with other career professionals to share job leads, provide support, and update their job search skills.
- Workshops on job search strategies, résumés, interview techniques, and networking
- Résumé evaluations and mock interviews
- Networking opportunities
- Access to on-line job listings
- On-line résumé postings through CalJOBSSM
- Special events and guest speakers
- Use of computers, printers, copiers, telephone, fax, and Internet
Who should become a member?
Any unemployed or underemployed person in a professional, managerial, or technical field, including:
- Education and Training
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Sales and Marketing
- Social Service
- Science and Engineering
- Software Development
- And more
Experience Unlimited participation is self-directed. Members engage in job seeking activities under the general guidance of an EDD facilitator and actively seek job openings and interviews. During the search for work, members act as a networking and support group, providing advice and encouragement. All members begin by attending an orientation followed by a variety of workshops on such topics as job search training, résumé writing, and interview techniques.
Looking for work?
With the power of networking and great job search tools, Experience Unlimited will show you how to land the job that is right for you. Experience Unlimited:
- Gives you immediate access to job openings
- Connects you to employers who are hiring
- Is available at no fee
- Improves job search skills
- Builds professional relationships
- Provides support and encouragement
Finding a job takes energy and determination
You are not alone. Since members are in similar situations, they can empathize and understand your issues.
Join us today!
We are eager to count you among our members. To find out more, contact your local chapter or contact your nearest America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM, formerly known as One-Stop Career Centers, for more information.
- Online Job Center
- Job Fairs and Workshops
- America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM Listing (PDF)
- Forms and Publications
Top Links This Month
- Policy and Guidance
- Workforce Partner Information
- Job Seeker Information
- Training Information