Trade Dispute TD 240 - Fact Finding Guide
Employees on Layoff Status
Seasonal, Temporary, On Call, Extra, Furloughed Employees
- At the time of the layoff, was the claimant given a scheduled return to work date?
- At the time of the layoff, were any instructions given about when to report to work? If so, what were the instructions?
- When did the employer recall the claimant to work?
- How was the offer communicated to the claimant? Was it oral or written?
- Did the claimant receive the offer?
- Type of work offered? Wages offered? Hours of work?
- Is the work "new work" to the claimant?
- Is the job vacant due to the trade dispute?
- Did the claimant refuse the offer?
- If the claimant refused the offer, what was the reason for the refusal?