Benefits of Working at the EDD
We are committed to rewarding our hardworking employees with more than a paycheck. In addition to competitive wages, our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of today’s workforce.
Health and Well-Being
- Health Insurance: Choose from a variety of health benefit plans for you and your family.
- Dental Insurance: You can choose the dental plan right for you and your eligible employees. The state may pay up to 100 percent of the premiums, depending on the plan.
- Vision Care Insurance: You are automatically enrolled into the state’s vision program.
- Employee Assistance Program: Confidential consultation, assessment, and referrals are available, as well as support groups and wellness programs.
Paid and Unpaid Leaves
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays per year, one personal holiday, plus personal development days.
- Vacation: Enjoy paid vacation each year, based on years of employment.
- Sick Leave: Earn sick leave each month in case of illness or injury.
- Family, Parental, and Other Leave: Eight weeks of paid family leave plus up to one year of unpaid leave.
- Jury Duty: In general, those called for jury duty serve with no loss in pay.
- Bereavement Leave: You are allowed paid time off following the death of an immediate family member.
- Military Leave: Up to 30 calendar days with pay for military leave each year after meeting specific requirements.
Savings and Retirement Plans
- Retirement Plans: A choice of plans to help you meet your goals. Visit CalPERS for information on retirement plans.
- Savings Plus In addition to our retirement plans, the state offers a 457(b) deferred compensation plan and a 401(k) plan for customized savings. Learn more about Savings Plus.
- ScholarShare: Tax-deferred college savings for your children. Visit ScholarShare for more information.
- Merit Salary Adjustment: Annual 5 percent increase after 12 months of satisfactory performance, as certified by your supervisor, until maximum salary is reached.
- Credit Union: Credit Union membership is open to all of our employees.
- Educational Reimbursement: Partial educational reimbursement for college classes or trainings that are career related and for upward mobility.
- FlexElect: A pre-tax reimbursement account for out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses. If you already have medical or dental coverage, you can receive cash instead of your state-sponsored benefits.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: In some cases, alternative work arrangements such as flextime, job sharing, and alternative work schedules to help you balance career and family life.
- Group Legal Plan: Affordable and covers most legal situations.
- Long-Term Care: Comprehensive plans available.
- Transfer and Advancement Opportunities: Make the most out of your career with flexible career choices, transfer options, and promotional opportunities throughout California.
- Career Center: An internal service dedicated to our workforce. Staff members are able to schedule a consultation to discuss topics such as career exploration, interview practice, or other career related questions.
Visit CalHR for more information on salary and benefits.