Tax Practitioners Information

You may need to download the free Adobe Reader to view and print linked documents.

General Information

Audit and Collection Information

Top 10 Forms and Publications

Contacts for Electronic Filing, Registration, and Payment Methods

  • Pay taxes by major credit card at Official Payments Corporation or call 1-800-2PAY-TAX (1-800-272-9829)
  • Cash payments can be sent electronically from a convenient PayNearMe location and are subject to a $5.99 transaction fee.

Additional Contacts

  • Account Adjustments for Other Employers: 1-916-654-7600
  • Add or Delete Agent From Employer (Client) Accounts: 1-888-745-3886
  • Address Changes for SEF Employers: 1-916-653-5380
  • Address Changes for Other Employers: 1-916-654-7041; press 1, 4
  • Alternate Forms Coordinator: 1-916-255-0649
  • Benefit Charges Petitions: 1-916-653-7795
  • Charges to Reimbursable Employer Accounts: 1-916-653-5846
  • Counseling Services for Agents (Third Party Administrators): 1-916-654-7263
  • Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT): 1-916-654-9130
  • Employer Account Statement (DE 2176) for Other Employers: 1-916-654-7600
  • Employer Account Statement (DE 2176) for Reimbursable Employers: 1-916-653-5846
  • Employer Account Statement (DE 2176) for SEF Employers: 1-916-653-5380
  • Fraud Tip Hotline: 1-800-528-1783
  • Independent Contractor Reporting (ICR): 1-916-657-0529
  • Internet Independent Contractor Reporting (iICR): 1-888-745-3886
  • Internet New Employee Registry (iNER): 1-888-745-3886
  • New Employee Registry (NER): 1-916-657-0529
  • Overpayments: 1-916-654-7600
  • Power of Attorney: 1-916-654-7263 or 1-916-654-9170
  • Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation) (DE 9C) Wage-Related Questions: 1-916-654-9018
  • Reinstated Employers: 1-888-745-3886
  • Reimbursable Employer Protest Letter Status: 1-916-653-5846
  • Reserve Account Transfers: 1-916-653-7795
  • SEF Employers: Registration for New/Reinstated and Account Adjustments: 1-916-653-5380
  • Tax Rate Information: 1-916-653-7795 or UI Rate Search
  • Taxpayer Advocate Office: 1-866-594-4177
  • UI Rate Petitions: 1-916-653-7795
  • Unity of Enterprise (UE) Changes for Vertical UE (Sole to Corporation, GP to Sole, etc.): 1-888-745-3886
  • Unity of Enterprise (UE) Changes for Horizontal UE (two or more businesses united by control, operation, and use): 1-888-745-3886

Other Links and Resources


California Tax Service Center – One-stop tax assistance from California’s tax agencies

California Department of Tax and Fee Administration

Franchise Tax Board

Industrial Relations – Labor Law, Occupational Safety and Health, Workers’ Compensation

Secretary of State

State Controller’s Office

First Data Payment System


Internal Revenue Service

Online FEIN Application