Retired State Employees

If you are a retired State of California employee and interested in working for the State on a temporary basis, you should consider coming back as a retired annuitant.

Retired Annuitants Seeking Employment

A career with the state of California can be a great experience and many people who have retired from state service wish they could return. The best thing you can do if you would like to return to work after retiring from state service is register on the Boomerang website. When searching for retired annuitants, the Employment Development Department (EDD) searches the Boomerang database to fill vacancies.

Additionally, if you are a prior California State Employees Association (CSEA) member, you may want to contact their State Retirees organization to be placed on a list that is distributed twice per year to state departments.

Register With Boomerang

Boomerang is a website which contains an applicant pool for retired annuitants to connect with state departments that are hiring. The EDD utilizes the Boomerang database when the department's interested in filling a position with a retired annuitant.

For more information, visit the Boomerang website.

Contact CSEA

The California State Employees Association (CSEA) maintains a Retired Employees Division that some state departments use to fill retired annuitant positions. This option is not available to all state employees, only prior CSEA members. To be added to the CSEA list of retired annuitants, contact the CSEA at 916-326-4292.