Services for Veterans
The Employment Development Department (EDD) is proud to provide priority services to all veterans, and to help you and your eligible spouse to maximize your employment and training opportunities. Veterans are entitled to many resources designed to help you find employment.
Our representatives, located in many local EDD offices, specialize in helping you return to work and offers the following services:
- Priority of services for job and training referrals
- A 24-hour priority hold on all job listings just for veterans
- Customized job search assistance
- Job fairs and workshops
- Employer recruitments
- Other events and resources
Veterans are encouraged to contact their local AJCC to speak with an EDD representative to learn more about the personalized services and assistance to help you achieve your professional goals. To find an office near you, visit the Office Locator.
- CalJOBSSM: find employers with job openings that match your military experience.
- EDD Office Locator: each local office has a veteran representative available to work with you.
- Job Fairs and Workshops: local job fairs and workshops for veterans in your area.
- Unemployment Insurance (UI): provides workers who lose their jobs through no fault of their own with weekly UI payments.
- CalJOBSSM: find highly qualified veterans.
- Employer Guide to Hire Veterans (PDF): a toolkit for employers from America’s Heroes at Work.
- HIRE Vets Medallion Program: recognizes small businesses, nonprofit organizations, and large companies for their leadership in recruiting, employing, and retaining America's veterans.
- USERRA Information: information on the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act.
- Center for Women Veterans Fact Sheet (PDF): fact sheet from the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Center for Women Veterans Frequently Asked Questions: information from the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Women Veterans Health Care: provides support and positive change for all women veterans.
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Increased Educational Benefit: provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of certain veterans.
- Homeless Veterans: offers resources, programs, and benefits to end veteran homelessness.
- Veterans Crisis Line: connects veterans in crisis, and their families and friends, with qualified, caring responders.
- I am a Dependent or Survivor: support for the surviving family of military personnel who died during or after active service.
- California Department of Veterans Affairs: information on state and federal benefits for veterans.
- U.S. Department of Labor: Military Spouses: helps military spouses understand how their professional licenses and credentials can transfer from one duty station to another.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Make the Connection: offers solutions to issues affecting the lives of veterans, and their families and friends.