Paid Family Leave (PFL) Automated Phone Information System
This information will help you use the State Disability Insurance (SDI) automated phone system. Before you dial our toll-free 800 numbers, please take time to review this information.
For PFL Claim and General Information
- PFL English 1-877-238-4373
- PFL Spanish 1-877-379-3819
- PFL Cantonese 1-866-692-5595
- PFL Vietnamese 1-866-692-5596
- PFL Armenian 1-866-627-1567
- PFL Punjabi 1-866-627-1568
- PFL Tagalog 1-866-627-1569
Special instructions or announcements may be played prior to the main menu. A brief description of menu items will then be provided. If you know the selection you want, you can press the number to bypass the main menu recording.
NOTE: SDI Online is only available in English and Spanish languages.
The Main Menu options are:
- Press 1 for information about your benefit payment:
- Status of your Claim:
To access confidential new claim information using the automated phone system, you will be asked to enter your:
- Social Security number.
- Date of birth.
- Mailing ZIP code.
- Weekly benefit amount or 7-digit home phone number.
You will select your Personal Identification Number (PIN) the first time you use the automated telephone system to access confidential benefit payment information.
- Benefit Payment:
Benefit payment information includes the authorized payment amount, the number of days paid, the beginning and ending date of the payment amount, and the date the payment was authorized. To access confidential benefit payment information using the DI automated telephone system, you will be asked to enter your:
- Social Security number.
- Request copy of payment history:
- By mail Press 1
- Certification Process – EDD needs completed application and medical certification to process a claim. Please allow 14 days for the EDD to process your claim. For initial claims, the 14 day process time begins only once both the application and the medical certification are received.
- Press 2 for the State Disability Insurance Online Help Desk regarding:
- How to create online account
- Requirements to file claim online
- How to retrieve forgotten username or reset password
- Tips for resolving system problems
- Press 3 for the Paid Family Leave General information regarding:
- Claimant, Press 1
- For information on how to qualify for Paid Family Leave benefits, press 1.
- Eligibility and waiting period
- Contribution Rate
- Benefit Amount Calculation
- Part-time, Intermittent, or Reduced Work Schedule
- Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation, and Bonding with a New Child
- Employers may integrate or coordinate wages with Paid Family Leave (PFL) benefits.
- For information on how to file a claim, press 2.
- Initial claim using SDI Online or filing by mail
- Benefit Continuation filing only available by mail. Complete and submit either:
- Paid Family Leave Supplemental Claim Certification, DE 2525XFA, if claim benefits have been paid to duration, the claim has not been exhausted, there has been no break in the certification period, and you want to extend the care period
- Or Continued Claim Certification for Paid Family Leave Benefits, DE 2580GF, for intermittent leave situations or when you are working part-time.
- To hear about appeals, press 3.
- For information on what claim forms to order and file, press 4.
- Initial claim - Claim for Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits, DE 2501F (DE 2501F/S for Spanish)
- Claim for Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits - New Mother, DE 2501FP (DE 2501FP/S for Spanish)
- Continued claim - Paid Family Leave Supplemental Claim Certification, DE 2525XFA or Continued Claim Certification for Paid Family Leave Benefits, DE 2580GF.
- For information about Family Medical Leave Act and California Family Rights Act, press 5.
- For SDI contribution rates and tax information, press 6.
- Self-employed and Elective Coverage, Press 2
- For general information about Elective Coverage benefits, press 1.
- To hear about eligibility, press 2.
- To hear about requirements, press 3.
- To hear about benefit amount, press 4.
- For information about Elective Coverage premiums, press 5.
- Premiums are based on net profit reported on IRS Form 1040, Schedule SE or Schedule C.
- Premiums are paid quarterly.
- For information about filing a claim, press 6.
- To order an Elective Coverage packet and for more information, press 7.
- Disability Insurance Elective Coverage (DIEC) unit, call 1-916-654-6288
- EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center at 1-888-745-3886
- Press 4 for general information about Voluntary Plan:
- For employer Voluntary Plan information, press 1.
- For additional information, please call the Voluntary Plan Group at 916-653-6839.
- For employee Voluntary Plan information press 2.
Your pay stub or W-2 reflects “VDI” contributions instead of “CA-SDI” contributions
For information regarding the DI benefits, please hang up and dial 1-800-480-3287.
Mondays (all day) and weekdays between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. are our busiest calling times. For faster service you can call outside of these hours.
At any time while using the automated phone system you may:
- Press 9 to return to the previous menu.
- Press the star key (*) to repeat the menu.
Press 9 to return to the Main menu.
Press the star key (*) to repeat the menu.