Paid Family Leave Automated Phone Information System
This information will help you use the State Disability Insurance (SDI) automated phone system. Before you dial our toll-free 800 numbers, please take time to review this information.
Special instructions or announcements may be played prior to the main menu. A brief description of menu items will then be provided.
For Paid Family Leave Claim and General Information:
- English: 1-877-238-4373
- Spanish: 1-877-379-3819
- Cantonese: 1-866-692-5595
- Vietnamese: 1-866-692-5596
- Armenian: 1-866-627-1567
- Punjabi: 1-866-627-1568
- Tagalog: 1-866-627-1569
Note: SDI Online is only available in English and Spanish languages.
The Main Menu options are:
- Press 1 for English
- Press 2 for Spanish
- Press 3 for Cantonese
- Press 4 for Vietnamese
- Press 5 for Armenian
- Press 6 for Tagalog
- Press 7 for Punjabi
If you know your selection, you may enter it at any time. While using the automated phone system you may:
- Press 9 to return to a previous menu.
- Press the star key (*) to repeat information.
Press 1 for benefit payments
The EDD requires both a completed application and medical certification to process a claim to care for a seriously ill family member. Please verify that your care recipient physician/practitioner’s medical certification was submitted with the claim to avoid delays.
For claims related to bonding with a new baby or a new child, a completed application is required, including proof of your relationship to the child with whom you wish to bond. Mothers who received pregnancy-related Disability Insurance benefits do not need to submit proof of relationship.
Please allow 14 days from the date of receipt for the EDD to process your properly completed claim.
- Press 1 for Benefit Payment information.
- Press 2 to request a copy of your payment history by mail through our voicemail.
Authorized benefit payments processed by 6 p.m. during regular business days will be made available by Bank of America on your EDD Debit Card by 8 a.m. the following morning, excluding bank holidays.
Press 2 for the SDI Online Help Desk
- Press 1 for information on how to create an online account.
- Press 2 for information on what is required to submit an online claim.
- Press 3 if you have forgotten your password.
- Press 4 if you are having trouble accessing the SDI Online system. You will be connected with a representative.
Press 3 for Paid Family Leave information
Please have your EDD Customer Account Number (EDDCAN) or Claim ID ready so we can provide faster customer service on your claim.
- Press 1 for information on Paid Family Leave benefits eligibility.
- Press 2 to file a claim.
- Press 3 for appeals.
- Press 4 for Family and Medical Leave Act and California Family Rights Act.
- Press 5 for SDI contribution rates and tax information.
Press 4 for Voluntary Plans
- For employer Voluntary Plan information, press 1.
- For employee Voluntary Plan information press 2.
(Your pay stub or W-2 reflects “VDI” contributions instead of “CA-SDI” contributions.)
Press 5 for Elective Coverage for business owners or the self-employed
- For Elective Coverage benefits, press 1.
- For eligibility, press 2.
- For requirements, press 3.
- For benefit payment amount, press 4.
- For Elective Coverage premiums, press 5.
- For filing a claim, press 6.
Press 6 to receive claim forms by mail
- Press 1 for the Paid Family Leave initial claim form.
- Press 2 for the Self Employed Elective Coverage information packet.
For information regarding the DI benefits, please hang up and dial 1-800-480-3287.
Mondays (all day) and weekdays between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. are our busiest calling times. For faster service you can call outside of these hours.