CalJOBS is California’s online resource to help job seekers and employers navigate the state’s workforce services. The system allows users to easily search for jobs, build résumés, access career resources, find qualified candidates for employment, and gather information on education and training programs.
Note: Google Translate™ is not available within CalJOBSSM. For more information, visit Google Translate Information.
Complete the online application and create your own login information, including a username and password. You will need your Social Security Number to create a login.
Answer the on-screen questions, and begin your job search. Within minutes you will be looking through thousands of job openings statewide.
Complete the online application and create your own login information including a username and password. You will need your company’s contact information and Unemployment Insurance Tax Identification Number to create a login. Within minutes you will be looking through thousands of candidates statewide.
Unemployment Insurance Claimants
Most Unemployment Insurance (UI) customers are required to Register for CalJOBS and Post a Resume (YouTube). If you already have a CalJOBS account, update your registration information and work history.
Important: Failure to register and update your résumé in CalJOBS may affect your eligibility to receive UI benefits. You have 21 days from the Notice Date on your Notice to Requirement to Register for Work (DE 8405) (PDF) to meet this requirement. If you have already filed your UI claim, you can register now.
If you have forgotten your username or password, visit CalJOBS and select Forgot Password.
Benefits and Features
Job Seekers can:
- Create and upload multiple versions of their résumé tailored to specific jobs or career paths.
- Customize and conduct job searches.
- Set up alerts for job openings.
- Apply for job openings.
- Research employers.
- Make customized résumés viewable to employers.
- Use the mobile application. Available in the Apple iTunes or Google Play.
- Post job openings.
- Browse résumés.
- Keep their candidate search organized.
- Expand their search to find good candidates for their companies.
Setting Up Alerts
If you are logged in as a job seeker, you can set up alerts for job notifications by:
- Selecting Learning Center under Other Services on the left menu.
- On the Learning Center page, you can select The Virtual Recruiter for Individuals under the Individual Courses section.
For more information about system requirements, visit the CalJOBS page and select these settings at the bottom of the page.