Eligible Training Provider List
California’s Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) was established in compliance with the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 and amended by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014 to provide customer-focused employment training resources for adults and dislocated workers. Training providers who are eligible to receive Individual Training Accounts through WIOA Title I-B funds are listed on the ETPL. The WIOA ETPL Policy and Procedures, issued in November 2015, govern the operation of the ETPL in California.
California’s statewide list of qualified training providers offers a wide range of educational programs, including classroom, correspondence, online, and apprenticeship programs.
Search for Training Providers
Use CalJOBSSM to search hundreds of eligible training providers by location, area of interest, and type of service following these steps:
- Visit CalJOBSSM.
- Sign in if you already have a CalJOBSSM account and select Education Services. Continue with step 3 below.
- If you don’t have an account and do not wish to create one, continue with step 2 below.
- Select More Career Services.
- Select Training Providers and Schools. The Provider Search will display (You may also select the Provider Listing tab for a list of all training providers).
- Enter and/or select your search criteria.
- Select Eligible Providers from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Eligible Training Provider dropdown menu.
- Select the Search button once your criteria have been entered.
- Select a provider from the list.
- Once a provider is selected, the programs eligible for WIOA funding will display a green checkmark.
A supplemental job displacement benefit is a voucher that promises to help pay for educational retraining or skill enhancement, or both, at eligible providers listed on the ETPL. If you received a voucher to pay for educational retraining or skill enhancement, submit the voucher directly to the eligible training provider. The training provider will contact the claims administrator for direct payment. For additional information, visit the Department of Industrial Relations.
For assistance or more information about the ETPL, contact a local America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM.
Training providers who would like to be included within the ETPL will need to establish an account by registering in CalJOBSSM. Local Workforce Development Boards will review these registrations and verify information by following the ETPL statewide policy and local procedures. Once the registration is approved, training providers will be able to enter training programs to be listed on the ETPL. For information, contact a Local Workforce Development Area ETPL Coordinator (PDF).
For technical issues, contact the CalJOBSSM Help Desk:
- Phone: 1-800-758-0398
- Email: CalJOBS@edd.ca.gov
- TTY users: Call the California Relay Service at 711