Services for Veterans
We're proud to provide priority services to our veterans and are here to help you and your eligible spouse find jobs and get the most out of your employment and training opportunities. Our veteran representatives specialize in helping you return to work and offer the following services:
- Priority of services for job and training referrals.
- A 24-hour priority hold on all job listings just for veterans.
- Customized job search assistance.
- Job fairs and workshops.
- Employer recruitments.
- Other job and training events and resources.
- CalJOBSSM: Find employers with job openings that match your military experience.
- Office Locator: Search for your local office and an EDD representative available to work with you.
- Job Fairs and Workshops: Find local job fairs and workshops for veterans in your area.
- Unemployment Insurance (UI): Qualify for unemployment benefits if you have lost your job through no fault of your own and receive weekly UI payments.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC): Find out if you qualify to tell your potential employer that you’re a veteran when you first apply or are being interviewed.
- California Department of Veterans Affairs: Information on state and federal benefits for veterans.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Make the Connection: Offers solutions to issues affecting the lives of veterans, and their families and friends.
- Center for Women Veterans Fact Sheet (PDF): At-a-glance information for women veterans from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Center for Women Veterans Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to common questions from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Women Veterans Health Care: Find support for all women veterans.
- Survivors' and Dependents' Increased Educational Benefit: Provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of certain veterans.
- Homeless Veterans: Offers resources, programs, and benefits to end veteran homelessness.
- Veterans Crisis Line: Connects veterans in crisis, and their families and friends, with qualified, caring responders.
- I am a Dependent or Survivor: Support for the surviving family of military personnel who died during or after active service.
- U.S. Department of Labor: Military Spouses: Helps military spouses understand how their professional licenses and credentials can transfer from one duty station to another.
- CalJOBSSM: Find highly qualified veterans.
- Employer Guide to Hire Veterans (PDF): A toolkit for employers from America’s Heroes at Work.
- HIRE Vets Medallion Program: Recognizes small businesses, nonprofit organizations, and large companies for their leadership in recruiting, employing, and keeping America's veterans employed.
- USERRA Information: Find information on the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act.
Last Revised: 10/28/2021