Unemployment Data Dashboards
The EDD releases weekly data dashboards to illustrate the continued demand for unemployment benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Unemployment Data Dashboard Report is a biweekly update of the EDD’s progress to meet the demand for unemployment services (Assembly Bill 107).
- Unemployment Initial Claims Backlog refers to a subset of all applications for benefits that take more than 21 days to issue a first payment or to disqualify the individual, regardless of if the claimant or EDD need to take some kind of action.
- Unemployment Continued Claims Backlog refers to a subset of all individuals who received at least one payment and are now waiting more than 21 days for further processing of payment or disqualification.
Visit Archived Claims Backlog for previous dashboards.
- Unemployment Claims Totals displays the weekly totals of the unemployment claims received and the amount of benefits paid for each type of claim (regular, PUA, PEUC, and FED-ED).
- Refer to UI claims trend data (XLS) for each major data category beginning with data over the last several weeks.
- Visit Quick Stats for UI claims data by county, which is generally a month behind state data. Localized data will be posted when available.