Contact Payroll Taxes
We are taking steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) across communities in California. These EDD offices are closed or available by appointment only:
- America Job Centers of CaliforniaSM (AJCC) – by appointment only. Contact your local AJCC for more information.
- State Disability Insurance offices – closed until further notice. For the fastest service, access your claim information or file a claim online with SDI Online.
- Tax offices – by appointment only. Visit Payroll Taxes or contact Tax representatives at 1-888-745-3886, available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please check back, we will update this page when we have more information. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, there are several ways to contact us.
If you have a question that is not answered in Frequently Asked Questions, or to report fraud:
- Visit Ask EDD.
- Select the category Payroll Tax.
- Select the subcategory Other.
- Select a topic.
Note: Google Translate™ is not available within Ask EDD.
Complete Comments, Complaints, or Suggestions (DE 8123) (PDF) and mail to:
Employment Development Department
Taxpayer Assistance Center
PO Box 826880
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001
Representatives are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific time, Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.
Payroll Tax Assistance
Toll-free from the US or Canada: 1-888-745-3886
Outside the US or Canada: 1-916-464-3502
Our automated phone system gives general payroll tax information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
e-Services for Business Assistance
Toll-free from the US or Canada: 1-855-866-2657
For in-person payroll tax assistance, visit your nearest employment tax office. All offices are open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific time, except on state holidays. If you cannot resolve an employment tax problem with your assigned EDD representative and office manager, visit Taxpayer Advocate.