e-Services for Business
System Maintenance: e-Services for Business and Express Pay
Due to scheduled system maintenance, e-Services for Business and Express Pay will be unavailable from Friday, December 13 at 12 midnight to Sunday, December 15 at 2 p.m.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our services.
e-Services for Business is your fast, easy, and secure way to manage your employer payroll tax account online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Register, close, or re-open an employer payroll tax account.
- File, adjust, and print returns and reports.
- Make payments.
- View and update business name, address, and more.
- Protest Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefit charges or UI rates.
- Authorize a power of attorney.
- Report new employees or independent contractors.
- Request a transfer of a reserve account.
- View notices and letters about registration, payments, returns, and more.
- Fulfills the e-file and e-pay mandate.
- No cost to enroll and use.
- Provides immediate confirmation when your return, report, or payment is received.
- Saves time by storing basic account information for future transactions.
- Reduces paper and mailing costs.
Note: The Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34) and Report of Independent Contractor(s) (DE 542) can be filed from 5 a.m. to 12 midnight, Pacific time, 7 days a week. All other services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How to Enroll
- Enroll as an Employer
- Enroll as an Representative
- Enroll for a Username and Password to Use Employer Services Online (YouTube)
The following are frequently viewed tutorials. For a complete list, visit e-Services for Business Tutorials.
- Register for a California Employer Payroll Tax Account Number (YouTube)
- File a Tax Return or Wage Report (YouTube)
Includes information about these forms:
- Employer of Household Worker(s) Quarterly Report of Wages and Withholding (DE 3BHW)
- Employer of Household Worker(s) Annual Payroll Tax Return (DE 3HW)
- Quarterly Contribution Return (DE 3D)
- Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (DE 9) or Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation) (DE 9C)
- Quarterly Contribution Return for School Employers (DE 9423)
- Make a Payroll Tax Deposit (DE 88) Payment (YouTube)
- File a Report of Independent Contractor(s) (DE 542) or Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34) (YouTube)