Contact Unemployment Insurance
Contact Unemployment Insurance (UI) using one of the following ways:
If you do not have a UI Online account and have a question about UI, or you would like to report fraud, visit Ask EDD.
Note: Google Translate™ is not available within Ask EDD. For more information, please visit Google Translate™ Information.
Download, print, and complete Comments, Suggestions, and/or Complaints (DE 8123) (PDF). You may need to download the no-cost Adobe Reader to view and print this document. Mail your completed form to:
Employment Development Department
PO Box 826880 – UISD, MIC-40
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001
Contact us by phone to:
- Get information on your last payment issued.
- Certify for benefits using EDD Tele-CertSM.
- Get information on how to file a new UI claim or reopen an existing claim.
- Request copies of your 1099G tax information.
- Find your local America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM.
If you do not need to speak with an EDD representative, call the UI Self-Service Phone Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-333-4606.
UI Phone Numbers
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Customers
Deaf and hard of hearing callers can contact EDD using one of the following:
- Teletypewriter (TTY) at 1-800-815-9387: (This option does not use the California relay System and is recommended).
- California Relay Service: If you are calling outside of California, use your state’s relay service.