EDD Tele-Cert is a fast and convenient way to certify for your Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits over the phone. Call the UI Self-Service Phone Line at 1-866-333-4606.
Note: If you are receiving Pandemic Unemployment Assistance or Federal-State Extended Duration benefits, you cannot use EDD Tele-Cert to certify. You must certify using UI Online or by mail.
Benefits of EDD Tele-Cert
- Faster processing time.
- Eliminates mail delays and postage costs.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Allows you to certify for multiple available weeks with one phone call.
Access EDD Tele-Cert
- Call the UI Self-Service Phone Line at 1-866-333-4606 and select Option 2.
- Enter or create your four digit PIN.
- Listen to the instructions and certification questions.
- Provide your answers using the keypad on your phone.
- Review your answers for accuracy and change any incorrect information before submitting your certification.
Important: If you give false information or do not report information that you should report, you may be disqualified and receive penalties.
For more information, view the Unemployment Insurance Benefits: What You Need to Know (DE 1275B) (PDF) form that you received after you filed your claim.
If you need to report work and wages, change of address, or phone number, you will need to certify for benefits with UI OnlineSM or mail the paper Continued Claim form (DE 4581).
If you are participating in a Work Sharing or Partials program, you can only certify by mail using the forms provided by your employer.
Avoid Payment Delays
Do not mail your paper form for any of the same weeks you certify for using EDD Tele-Cert. If you make an error, contact UI as soon as possible.