EDD Tele-Cert is a fast and convenient way to certify for your Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits over the phone by calling the UI Self-Service Phone Line at 1-866-333-4606.
The questions asked are the same as on the paper Continued Claim Form, DE 4581.
Benefits of EDD Tele-Cert
- Faster processing time.
- Eliminates mail delays and postage costs.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Allows you to certify for multiple available weeks with one phone call.
Accessing EDD Tele-Cert
- Call the UI Self-Service Phone Line at 1-866-333-4606 and select option 2.
- Enter or create your four digit PIN.
- Listen to the instructions and certification questions.
- Provide your answers using the keypad on your phone.
- Review your answers for accuracy and change any incorrect information before submitting your certification.
Important: If you give false information or do not report information that you should report, you may be subject to disqualification and penalties.
More information about the certification process is included in the publication, Unemployment Insurance Benefits: What You Need to Know, DE 1275B, that was sent to you after you filed your claim. It explains the weekly UI eligibility requirements and how to properly answer the certification questions.
If you need to report work and wages or a change of address or phone number, you will need to certify for benefits with UI OnlineSM or mail the paper Continued Claim form, DE 4581.
Additionally, if you are participating in a Work Sharing or Partials program, you can only certify by mail using the forms provided by your employer.
Avoid Payment Delays: Do not mail your paper claim form for any of the same week(s) you certify using the EDD Tele-Cert. If you make an error, Contact UI as soon as possible.