Identity theft happens when someone uses another person’s personal information to collect Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits. This can cause serious problems for both employees and employers. We are committed to protecting your identity and the integrity of the UI program. If you think someone has filed a false UI claim, (also called an imposter claim), report it to the EDD immediately.
Report False Claims
Call our toll-free Fraud Hotline at 1-800-229-6297.
If you are a victim of identity theft, file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or call 1-877-ID-THEFT.
- How To Report Unemployment Insurance Fraud (DE 2360TF) (PDF)
- Help Us Fight Fraud (DE 2370) (PDF)
- EDD Actively Prosecutes Fraud – Recent Fraud Convictions
- Protect Your Identity and Stop Unemployment Insurance Imposter Fraud (DE 2360EE) (PDF)
- Employers: How You Can Prevent Unemployment Insurance Imposter Fraud (DE 2360ER) (PDF)